Saturday 14 December 2013

Day 1 - Yilan

Flight


Day 1 is basically a traveling day. Our flight SQ 876 is at 830am and the day is gone by the time we checked into the hotel. I always enjoy taking a picture of our A380, a big airbus which happened to park beside us. 

Car


Here is the 4D number for you this weekend and we stopped by a 7-11 to stock up on water and tidbits (to keep me awake so that I won't fall asleep while driving). 

I booked the car from Avis. They didn't give me the GPS I requested. I always trust Garmin, having used it on numerous occasions. On this occasion, I am using Tom Tom... And I can tell you that I still prefer Garmin. Hope this Tom Tom won't bring me to "Holland"....

Accommodation - Hotel Royal Chiao Hsi


I am staying for 2 nights here. Hotel Royal Chiao Hsi. It is on a highland offering views of the plains with a Japanese style beds and hot spring baths. 


This is the view from the lobby and dining area. The package includes half board and have enough activities to keep the kids busy... Expensive but good. 


Another dining area for those who prefer not to jostle with the buffet crowd. 


There is a hot spring bath in every room, but we didn't really use it. We prefer the big onsen pool at basement 1.

Taiwan has a hot spring culture inherited from the Japanese occupation that lasted more than 50 years. If you are not used to the Japanese hot spring culture, then this hot spring hotel is not for you. The spring water is mild and odorless. 


Interestingly, this hotel endorses Thann (a Thai brand). There is a spa as well but since we have enough things to keep ourselves occupied, we didn't try the spa. 


Balcony with 2 chairs to admire the greenery.... Not that I have a lot of chance to use those. Haha. 


This is the view from the balcony in the room. Pretty relaxing for the eyes isn't it. 

That's it for today 1. I will share with you more things for day 2 tomorrow. It's pretty ironic but the rain has followed us from Singapore to Taiwan and has started to drizzle.... :-(

2 comments:

  1. Some forms of massage do include massaging the naked body of the client, with a towel over the pelvic region or not. Other forms work with light clothing on and consist more of stretching movements. 토닥이

    ReplyDelete
  2. FemaleAdda is India's largest platform for Beauty Parlour, Fashion and wellness services. Booking appointment of Parlours, Boutiques, Spa, Fitness, and Doctors has now become easy for Indian female. Best Sports Massage

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics